What car makes a good gift?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcman

Two of my best friends are getting married soon, and I want to go all out on the wedding gift. I think that among my other friends we may scrounge $2500 to get them a car. Currently they drive an Aerostar that's falling apart. they're not racers in the least, they just need something that will be reliable and cheap to maintain. Any suggestions?

Moonvan!

Does it have to be a van ? How about a bike ?

Maybe a Swift. Hell, while you're at it, buy two Swifts.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 4 2004, 06:36 PM
are kids in the picture yet?

Because if kids aren't around, you can get them a 1987 Camaro RS and let them get to work :spin:

-> Steve

Celerity, I like the idea, but I dont think a Camero is the best thing for broke newlyweds with gas prices trying to kick us all in the balls....

shoot me for saying this, but how about a hundai with a remaining 100k mile warranty?

A Civic sedan would be the cheapest. My favorite would be one of those old Accord LX-i liftbacks, but they aren't current enough. There's an '89 for sale up in my area for $1500. Those were great cars.

Can they both deal with a manual transmission? Or does it have to be an automatic.... and where will they be driving mostly?

I would say use the $2500 as a down payment on a new vehicle, but if they are unable to afford that, I say a 92-95 civic or something along those lines.

thanks for the responses. On further review, it looks like we won't be able to get quite that much money, so we're probly jus sending them on a nice honeymoon.

Back