What Car Under $12k?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

My brother is stationed in S.A, Texas and he's looking into getting a new car. Him and I are totally different and I can't convince him not to get a 03 Lancer 0Z. Anyway, what would u get with approx. $12k? No old cars. Oldest would be a 2001-2002 or so.

i dont think you can get a good new car under 12k. i dont even know if they sell cars for under 12k, except maybe kia. but you can probally get a good motorcycle around 12k, but still not enough for a ducati.

:withstupid:
while the lancer OZ edition does suck ass ... there really isnt much out there in the 12k price range for new cars

i guess check out autotrader.com or something ... you might find a deal

i would use it for a down payment on a RSX type s or just go out and buy a 99-00si or 96+ gsr

Down payment on a certified used Lexus, have $13k left in payments that you finish off in about one to two years, then boost away...

Wait that's my plan. Never mind, your friend can't do that. :lol:

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jun 6 2003, 09:14 PM
Neon SRT.. only have around 8K in payments left.. brad new, under warranty, boosted, and is decently fast.

first thing we've agreed on all week :)

srt4 owns for th emoney

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 7 2003, 01:52 AM
SRT is nice, but it is still a neon, I would invest that coin...............period

milan

Give it half a chance. I was in your boat, hating on it, calling it a neon, etc, but it doesn't say Neon on it at all. Zac's (blackjdmdeath) friendh as one and beats on it daily and its still up and strong and never any problems. Basically it seems to be a neon chassis, but not a neon. The new neons wont have the same look, etc.

Altho the other srt4 series vehicles blow (the viper is slow and the truck.. just another gas guzzler fucker)

b - yea, its a miracle.

he could get a nice crotch rocket, lancer sucks imo oz or not, evo doesnt suck. used wrx somewhere in the high teens i would think, i dunno thats a tough one. i got it under 10k with a 100,000 mile warranty

s3ee19a0f5091e.jpg

hyundai owns your friend

Seriously, I'm gunna get flamed, but find a used 2000-2001 Focus SVT. Better than GSR performance, without the Honda/Acura nameplate cost. The don't hold value very well, but they can't be beat for the price. He can probably find one for less than 10k. They were 17-18k new.

My buddy's younger brother has a neon, it's decent but I really don't like the styling and all. Performance is really really good though.

Milan

dont buy a new car. as soon as he drives it off the lot, it loses 15% of its value...and all thats available for 12k and under are hyundais and kias. you MIGHT be able to find a nissan sentra (base) for 12k, but it would make alot more sense to get something decent that is a few years old.

I guess I forgot to mention it was my brother. Anyway, yeah hes not exactly looking for a sports compact or anything like that. He just wants something to last and get good gas mileage :lol: . Like I said, we're totally opposites. I'm a hardcore race fan, and he could careless. Also, he already has 2 crouch rockets. 2002 Ninja 250R and he just moved up to a 600RR. He just wants a "nice looking" commuter car. I told him to get a used GSR or something like that too. Anyway, the dealer was clearancing a 2002 or mabye 03 Lancer 0Z for 11k something *new*.

Back