What code is this motor ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZC4DOOR

OK here are pics of my motor. Everyone keeps telling me there is no such thing as a SOHC VTEC ZC motor. But it looks like i have one. I'm new to this and i just bought the car. I just need to know the specs and what plugs and wires and stuff to get.

Pics Below:

motor.jpg

motor2.jpg

:blink: Could it be a mini-me?

I've seen a single over head cam zc, and a obd1 sohc vtec, such as the d16z6 and the d15XX vtec, but never a vtec zc.

Or could it be just the valve cover either because the sohc zc's spart plug holes sit the same as the d16z6'? Check for a vtec solenoid, I don't see one, but then again the pictures aren't really big.

OK, where is the vtec solenoid??? is it really visible or will i have to get greasy to find it?

##### Edited this post #####

Found the Vtec solenoid, it's on the passenger side of the head, near the distributor. so does that mean something special, should i get excited or is it just a regular zc motor?

I've never ever heard of a zc vtec motor.

I've only heard of the d15XX vtec and the d16z6 that came 92-95 in obd1 cars. I don't believe any other vtec was implemented in a car pre-obd1 besides a bseries, or atleast I didn't think so....

I'm guessing its a mini-me set up, and I'm pretty positive that is a d16z6 intake manifold. I'm not sure of the head cast on other vtec sohcs that I know of.

yes, there is a sohc vtec zc, and yes you have one. nothing really special about it. ~130hp i believe.

well, that's a buzzkill <_<
anyhow thanks for all the help. I need to get rid of these 17 in chrome nechie neptune wheels and crappy suspension to see what it will really do on the highway.

Back