what compression is good??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shaneb

Would any one know what compression would be better, 8.81 or 9.01 or 9.21 for turbo on a b18c5 setup?

or a real answer:
depends on the turbo size, amount of power looking to gain, method of tuning, and streetability.

Originally posted by 97CTR@Feb 11 2004, 04:50 AM
poor ITR, being forced to run low compression. :huh:

No joke. This guy should sell his ITR if he wants to boost so he doesn't ruin a good all-motor engine. With the extra money he saves by buying a GSR he could afford aftermarket pistons and rods.

here we go again.... you gusy are hung up on the itr being impossible to boost. if hes got the walllet, its a perfectly fine chouce

I never said impossible. It's just impractical. And a waste of a purpose-built motor. Why not save money by making a wiser choice? :p

I want to use the itr for the type r cank,water pump, oil pump, ect. type r is alot better than the gsr or ls version.....i plan on geting it sleeved and rods.

And why is my question dumb ?

I thought 8.81 would be to low but at the same time i was told the lower the better.

Im new to the turbo world. I have a build itr that i would like to boost on whats. the big deal,

btw , are the skunk turbo cams good ?? any info would help alot!!!

the big deal is that the type r is built with higher compression as a high performance NA motor...

you take a type r and rip it apart and lower the compression to run boost then you should just sell the itr motor and get a gsr and use the extra money to build it...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 11 2004, 05:10 PM
the big deal is that the type r is built with higher compression as a high performance NA motor...

you take a type r and rip it apart and lower the compression to run boost then you should just sell the itr motor and get a gsr and use the extra money to build it...

yes but then u cant say u have a boosted b18c5 :p

still, the itr head outflows the b16 and gsr heads.
the crank is the same thing as a gsr's.
sleeving, youre going to replace the rods and pistons anyway.

so, whatever- its his choice, and 2k more for a slightly better flowing head, and a tranny with a crap lsd :)

ummm correct me if im wrong but dont things generally get lighter in order to make for better high revving

Back