what could it be?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

i wanna start off by saying this has been the worst week of my life. first off ive been sick for the last 3-4 days and now my car died. and its hot as fuck. and i have no money. edit: and i just put new tires on :angry:

but i was drivin last night everything is fine. check my oil, lil low go home smoke an l forgot to put more in drive about a mile get off the exit and it stalls on me. try starting her up nothing. its cranking but not turning over. so im thinkin maybe in this wonderful world of vtec, if your low on oil and there isnt enough pressure its wont start. so i put more in and same thing. so then im thinkin well im cheap and i have bigger spark plug wires but stock plugs. did this fuck my dizzy? i had a prob like this befor where i had to change my rotor and coil but this is when everything was stock. i know i have gas in it and im fuel pump turns on and it didnt seiz up. any thoughts?

had that happen to me once. my bettery was completly dead and the alternator couldnt charge it because the cells in teh battery would not hold a charge. ive ran my car on an old motor with absolutly no oil in it and it ran fine. jsut noisy. god those were good times. dont know if that helps ro not. later man.

Originally posted by kevint427@Jul 25 2005, 03:28 PM
had that happen to me once. my bettery was completly dead and the alternator couldnt charge it because the cells in teh battery would not hold a charge. ive ran my car on an old motor with absolutly no oil in it and it ran fine. jsut noisy. god those were good times. dont know if that helps ro not. later man.
[post=530871]Quoted post[/post]​

If the battery is a wet cell you can empty the old water from the cells and pour new distilled water in and charge it and it will be fine for a while longer.

As for your problem, I have no idea. My old DX ran low on oil to the point that the oil light came on while I was driving and I still made it 30 more miles home and it was fine. No idea whats up with yours...

No idea of what's wrong but I'll add to the list of people whose oil light came on and still went 3 or 4 miles. Granted 30 miles is kind of a lot, (you know they sell quarts of oil at gas stations right? :p ) but having low oil will not keep your car from starting. Nor would it kill the motor.

Well, it might, but you would probably know what happened then. :lol:

I LOVE honda :) That car is no longer in my posession and I have learne d alot more since those days :)

yeah i saw a video i htik on here that had some germans dumping water on the motor when it ran out of oil when the were beating the piss out of it. thats kinda why i thought thats what it was but who knows. as far as a battery its an optima :D

Check your igniter chip. Its known to just die and wont start up agian.

Ignitor chip? Do you mean ignitor? The part inside the distributor which a wire for every plug wire gets power from? I never heard this "chip" before...sorry, confusing me :?

Cranking and turning over are the same thing. You need to check for spark. You could have broken a timing belt, so check the timing, make sure you have fuel.. and if all of that checks out do a compression test. Lets us know the results.

Back