What Do I Do About My Front Motor Mount And Susp.?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flyguy

ok heres the deal...i have a 91 crx with a b16a ...i dont have a front mount on my engine ...where can i get just the front mount?..on top of that ..my car rides absolutely horrible...i have eibach springs on it and its just not riding like it should...now i dont know if i need to take them out or if there is something im suppose to do with my half shaft cuz my axles are grindin when i take turns while givin it gas...i can tell its cuz the car is lowered cuz my axles are all tipped and angeled and i just doesnt look right...i knwo i have the right half shaft i compared it on hasport.com ..so im not sure what to do ..i think i might be better off to just go back to stock honda springs...can i get some suggestions please..thanx for your time guys

Last time I checked your front motor mount is there for a reason. The engine is probaby shifting weight and pulling the axles out of their correct place. Put a mount in, and get shocks, you can't just throw springs on and expect it to ride perfectly

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 14 2003, 03:22 PM
if you are using hasport mounts, you dont need the front mount

I seem to have missed the part in his post where he said he is using solid aftermarket mounts.

lol, maybe its just me but i read his post 3 times and i didnt see anything on there about what kinda mounts he is using.

im not using the hasport mounts ..im using apc mounts...or maybe 3ap ..to be honest with u im not sure ...now besides the front mount ..what should i do about the suspension ..do i put the car back up on regular springs or what ...and if your gonna tell me that i shouldnt expect for it to ride nice with springs then can u please tell me what else im gonna need ..cuz right now when my car is on a lift ...the axles just look soooo angled ..and i know its the 3 ball joints at the end of the axles that are makin them noises when i am accelerating in a turn.....im lost as to what needs to be done

well, its normal for the axles to be a lil angled, cause if the engine didnt come in your car, then things arent going to be perfect, but if its really bad, then thats not good. about the suspension, with aftermarket srings it will never ride as smooth as stock but there are some nice alternatives. ground controls are nice, just get higher sring rates on account of the heavier engine, and some nice struts, dont know exactly, or you could get tein's or something similar, hope this helped

Those front two mounts are torque mounts<----very important.If you are using a quality aftermarket kit then they don't require them,but cheaper kits don't have the hardness or right design to support the motor under stress.Trade in your,I'm guessing HCP mount,and get some hasports.

not so easy replacing mounts of different brands, cause each will mount it a different way. i know cause im having problems replacing my mounts and i donts know if its because of the axles or the fact that i had the engine on jacks on the ground, but i couldnt put it into position, see my post about it

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&#entry96941

i would need a cherry picker and a full day to do that, what i have is 2 jacks and half a day, lol

Back