What do i need

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

i have a 96 civic cx hatch, and i want to put a vtec head on it. what is involved in this swap? like what do i need? since i have obd2, do i need a head from obd2 sohc vtec? or can i use a sohc vtec head from obd1? do i need an external oil line like in the ls/vtec swap? thanx, i appreciate it.

No external lines, simply take out the oil jet on your block. It would be best to use D16Y8 head/distrib/intake manifold, and P2P ECU, but you could do an obd1 changeover. (The question is why?) Ebay is your friend for this.

what are the oil jets? why do i have to take them out? and just wondering, somebody wouldnt happen to know the most power produced out of a sohc would they? thanx

oil jet

oiljet.jpg

you take it out because the VTEC head already has one and if you dont remove it you will have WAY too much oil pressure in the head

i also wanted to know if the d16Z and the d16Y8 camshafts are the same because skunk2 is coming out with d16Z camshafts and if there not the same then i need to use a d16Z head, which means i have to convert to obd1.

Back