What Do Ya'll Think About This?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rmb2k

My dad called American Engine Installations in Nashville and talked to a guy about an engine swap. My dad told him that I wanted a b18c but the guy said that it was very rare that he could get those. He said what he could do was get a b16a2 (that's an Si isn't it???). He said that motor had 160hp. He also said that I would need an engine mount kit and a conversion kit before it could be installed. He also said I would have to get axles. Total, it was around $4000 not including labor to put it in. He also said that I should get a Vtec controller, and by adjusting it I could easily get another 30hp. The alternative was a Jackson Racing supercharger. But my car has over 130k miles on it. I really don't think it is a good idea to try and fix up my engine. Does every engine swap require these kits? He said what he would do is go with the b16a2 and Vtec controller, that would put me up around 190hp. What do ya'll think?

sorry for double posting. But if you pay 4 grand for a sir2 swap your getting ass raped. They sell for like 2500 on hmotorsonline with everything you need for the swap

i dont think u get 30hp from a vtec controler. I got a field one and i dont really notice anything just that the vtec kicks in earlier. I put more gas in too but i dont notice anything. Some swaps you only need to replace one mount and you can get it from a junk yard or something

i think you need a front stabilizer mount from a 94+ integra

if its a b16a2 your shit outta luck to cause thats out of a 99-2000 civic si which is obd2. You want an obd1 motor(b16a3, b16a sir2) check out www.hmotorsonline.com they have the full complete swap with all the mounts axels shiftlinkage ecu... everything you need

Yip, that guy is a douche bag. A B series into a 5th gen needs no mounts, but as b16ahatch said try to get a OBD I motor, hell your car has vtec, so the wiring would be cake too.

:withstupid:
kick that guy in the nuts and leave
hes trying to rip you off BIG TIME

And the B18C isn't all that rare. You can get them for as little as $3000 for a complete swap.

hahah 190 hp!!! with a vtec controller!!

dynojet_1.JPG

that's with hondata, ctr cams, itr intake manifold and throttle body and a header and an intake and a fuel pressure regulator.. and theres probably more i'm forgetting !!

Back