What do you guys think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

I bought something on ebay on the 20th of Sep. I had bought a bunch of stuff within a few days on ebay, and some stuff from woot, so I kind of lost track of shipping and all that for a few days. Well after about a week, I noticed that I had not received any update on this one item, no shipping info or anything else. I sent the guy a message asking for an update, nothing. So yesterday I sent another message and said that I needed shipping info on it or I would proceed with filing a claim with ebay/paypal.

He sends me this:
you don't have to threat me to get your money back. If you did not receive your item within a reasonable time limit, it is your right to ask it back without using threats. If you see any objection, then it is justified that you can threat me. I don't see any ground for using threats before trying to communicate. Check your paypal account for a refund.

So I got a refund. Now I have an alert in My Ebay asking for a mutual withdrawal from the transaction. It says that if i agree that the withdrawal was mutual, then click yes, otherwise click no, something like that. It says that if it's mutual, his ebay fees are refunded to him, if not, then they aren't refunded.

Have any of you ever had something like this happen? The douche pissed me off because I paid as soon as the order was over, waited patiently, then when I finally demanded an update, I get that shitty response from him.

Well it doesn't sound like a mutual withdrawal to me. Mutual would mean that you agreed to not be sent the item and get a refund. So technically it wasn't a mutual withdrawal. It's up to you though :dunno:

exactly. It wasn't mutual. It's an inconvenience to me as it was a filter for my camera that I was wanting to use already. I want to put down that it wasn't mutual, but I'm just not sure if that's a real asshole thing to do or not.

well the way i see the situation, if your in the right when you say it wasnt a mutual cancel/or what not then your good, who cares if you'll be seen as an ass

the guy was a douche, so let it be known

Back