What do you think of this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Mar 23 2004, 11:06 AM-->
Loco Honkey
@Mar 22 2004, 03:02 PM
The current 3S-GTE is putting out 265 HP and is the most powerful production four cylinder engine in the world.

all i gotta say is...

4g63t baby. :ph34r:

What's the 4G63 rated for, in stock trim? Also, can it make 600 HP on stock internals and head porting, with just a head gasket change? Did Mitsu ever make 980 HP with one like Toyota did for their Pikes Peak Hill Climb cars? Or does anyone substitute the engine in place of the inline six twin turbo engines in some cars like Toyota does for their JGTC Supra cars (they use the 3S-GTE if you couldn't gather)...?

Toyota >>>> Misterpushme, er... Mitsubishi. The 3S-GTE is a hell of an engine and most likely would be the engine that I would build a car around.

And yes, I forgot about the Evo and STi... How about the most powerful production inline four cylinder?

You should check out the SR20VET before saying that. It's a turbo, like the 3SGTE but it has Nissan's NEO-VVL 2 stage valve management. It's dropping 275 at the crank, making it the fastest production 4 cylinder in the world.

It's found in the Nissan X-Trail as well as (in it's earlier de-tuned form) other German market and some Hybrid projects. The Euro 100NX (NX2000) has it.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Mar 23 2004, 12:04 PM
You should check out the SR20VET before saying that. It's a turbo, like the 3SGTE but it has Nissan's NEO-VVL 2 stage valve management. It's dropping 275 at the crank, making it the fastest production 4 cylinder in the world.

It's found in the Nissan X-Trail as well as (in it's earlier de-tuned form) other German market and some Hybrid projects. The Euro 100NX (NX2000) has it.

-> Steve

How many leters (sp?) is it? :huh:

Back