What do youy guys think???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

My build is almost complete, lets take some guesstimates about dyno numbers before i get it dynoed.
My setup

B16 vtec head with retainers and dual springs. B20b block with JE 12:1 pistons. Si tranny. toda A cams, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, FPR and S100 to tune everything. My car is civic coupe with obd2-1 conversion and P28. that is the jist of it.

Also lately I have heard this sound coming form my vents in the car. It is only there when i accelerate and it gets louder dependeing on my rpms? It is a hissing sound. Any ideas?

thanks
KHai

185whp and 135ftlbs teh way it is untuned I would "guess"

but who knows, dyno it and find out, it really doesn't matter what our guesses are.

What I mean is what do you guys think it will get being dyno tuned. I am hoping for 200 whp? What are the next mods i can get to up the hp?

I forgot to mention i have full greddy exhaust and dc header.

Khai

doubt you will hit 200 right off the bat, maybe 190whp, after the tuning of the fuel and ingition curves and cam gear optimal settings you will be surprised

Also lately I have heard this sound coming form my vents in the car. It is only there when i accelerate and it gets louder dependeing on my rpms? It is a hissing sound from the engine through my vents. Any ideas?

on that hissing sound. there might be a leak somewhere on the intake or exhuast system. pop the hood and have someone rev it and try to listen where the sound is coming from. if its from the exhuast part (i take it does the hissing when the car is cold as well) put soapy water around any possible leaking spots and look for bubbles. if its the intake feel around for suction.

my friends car whaled and hissed cuz he didnt have his intake connected to the breather spot on the valve cover.

s401c5a5f5f387.jpg

:no flaming please: im not sure of the proper name of the conection on the valve cover

Hey punky i am from washington/oregon. The hissing sound is only when i am actually driving/moving not when i am at a stop, sometimes it goes away, but sometimes it is there. One time, only one time it did it when i was about a quarter of the tank of gas, then i filled it up and it didn't do it any more then it came back but this time the fill ut up gas trick DIDN'T work.

Any other ideas?

Khai

Originally posted by punkyjewster41@Jan 31 2004, 12:12 AM
crazy, i know a guy named tuan nygen, but i heard thats a pretty common name, no offense.

I also know a guy named Tuan Nguyen....

Buy a can of brake cleaner or throttle plate cleaner and start spraying it all over the motor sections at a time. When you hit a spot with either chemical, the RPMS will raise if there is indeed a leak. Try it, it works!

Back