1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what head should i use?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by je power, Mar 30, 2010.

1. je power

je power New Member

im doin a vitara build. im usin a z6 block and crank with tuner toy rods. i want the highier compression so i was thinking about usin the y8 head because of the smaller chambers. but the z6 head flows better at higher rpm. if someone can help me on choosin a head that would be awesome thanks

2. tabKola

tabKola New Member

Well, what are your goals for the build and what are you going to be using it for?

3. 34diesel34

34diesel34 Import Tuner

The z6 head would be best. 1. it's the head that's supposed to be on your block 2. you wont have to worry about timing issues and headaches.

4. je power

je power New Member

im only going for around 350hp. i guess i could just get away with shaving the head for the compression. thanks for the input guys

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

FJT sells the "correct" rods that'll bring the compression back up with Vitara pistons. Milling the head is pretty common for the non-Y8 D-series; some people even milled their Z6 heads until the point it has quench pads too(about 2.5mm off the head IIRC). The milling actually de-shrouds the valves and helps flow a bit more. :)

6. je power

je power New Member

I will measure my rods when I get home tonight. I was only gunna shave the head .005 and the block the same. Im having my head ported and polished so im not to worried about flow.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted