What header to get?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've had luck, as well as my buddies with JDM ITR...not saying it's the best but it's damn good bang for the buck...

Talked to a buddy of mine tonight and he has a JUN 4-1 he had bought for his '00 SI and he said I can have it if I give him the DCSports one I have and the Crx seats, and interior that I have for sale. I think it's a great deal even with the header being used. Do you think I should go for it?

Originally posted by 12secondCRX@Nov 1 2003, 01:30 AM
Talked to a buddy of mine tonight and he has a JUN 4-1 he had bought for his '00 SI and he said I can have it if I give him the DCSports one I have and the Crx seats, and interior that I have for sale. I think it's a great deal even with the header being used. Do you think I should go for it?

depends how much that interior is worth to you . . . . i personally would jump on it. make sure the donut for the collector is in good shape, or replace it. sounds like a good deal if it's not a fake jun . . . .

the DC doesn't compare to the factory JDM 4-1 in terms of longevity, you just can't beat the oem fabrication and yes it's heavy and will survive bottom outs, unlike the DC unit.

I had a DC, junked it since the header rusted in about 3 months and I must say quality welds my batooty.

what i should have said is that the welds aren't on the inside of the header... which they are on the jdm honda (lotsa people get the jdm welded on the outside and dremel all that stuff out). quality is something else.. of course the oem is always better... (unless it's toda, everyone loves toda). the dc is a tad cheaper, but like milan said.. the oem is prolly better.

ok since no one else mentioned it i guess its my job to do it once again

the Honda OEM JDM ITR header (the real one) is the ONLY one that has mounting locations for the stock heat sheilds

now you are probly saying: "whoop dee fucking doo!... i dont want the fuckin heat sheilds any fuckin way"

so now ill point out that aside from the heat sheilds helping to keep engine bay temperatures down, having the mounting locations for the heat sheilds allows you to use the skid plate that Fastline Performance makes:

bg_protected3.jpg

bg_r_installed2.jpg

bg_r_installed1.jpg

thats 1/4 inch of aircraft-quality 6061-T6 aluminum.... and it only costs $50
cheap insurance IMO

and if you care about the whole "sleeper effect" you can run the upper portion of the heat sheild and it wont even look like you have a header on there

bg_heatshield.jpg

dont let this happen to you

sm_damage3.jpg

ok im done :)

Back