What i'am i thinking? hf/si crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lilboostedcrx

Wsup guys im new to the page:

But before i get anyone pissing at me or hated on i'm doing somthing that i've never seen done or atleast where im from but what i am doing is taking a 91 crx hf bottom block and putting a 89 crx si head on it don't tell me why im doing this and i noe it could be just a waste of time but i was just bored and i had the parts sitting there so i figured hey why not but im wondering if this is a good idea or altleast some tips on what i need to watch out for or do. if this motor does run well or atleast okay i plan on custom turboing this bitch and blowing it up ahaha gotta have fun somtimes right? ive heard of the mini me swaps and such but not haven't really heard on how that goes or how well it runs so any info would be koo

You'll get a nice performance increase there, but just make sure that you have enough valve reliefs for the A6 head. I don't even know if the D15B6 has 8 valves or 16...

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 22 2003, 01:06 AM
You'll get a nice performance increase there, but just make sure that you have enough valve reliefs for the A6 head.

the HF engine is 8 valve and the pistons have 2 valve reliefs

Ok, thanks for the info. I haven't pulled the head on my HF engine to verify for myself.

Back