What is a sure way to tell wheather your engine is JDM or not ??? b18c1???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SunShine00

Eager Student
What is a sure way to tell weather an engine is JDM or not jus by looking at the engine ??? b18c1 ???

im thinking about picking up a b18c1 motor off a guy, and i want to make sure its a JDM , does anyone know how to tell for sure if its a JDM engine ?

ok, but if it says b18c then thats a type R right ?, if not then what do the jdm type R ' engine code say ?

both jdm r's and gsrs are stamped B18c, the gsr will have the dual runner manifold and the head will be stamped p72, while the type r head will be marked pr3-"x"

nice thats a big help thanks alot , also do you know how much boost you can run on a b18c gsr on stock internals ?

there are a lot of different opinions on boost on a stock motor, i would guess at max 10psi with a good tune. boost is all about the tune

gl

and if i decided to build the motor , how much do you think it would cost ?, and what is needed, like sleeve's pistons, rings and rods ?

if you build the motor you could probably boost as much as you wanted. I would read up in the forced induction forum as well as the motor building forum for your buld questions. A shop would probably rape you on the price of building a motor

do all honda engines from japan have no # after the b16a, b18c, ??

I feel like I say this several times a day. PSI is completely irrelevant until you pick a turbo or supercharger. A stock B18C1 can handle up to 350whp with an extremely good tune. Use wheel horsepower as your guide, not PSI.
would you recomend to use Crome to tune your computer ?

Back