What is Everything I need for d15...vtec swap???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andystopa

ok so heres the deal. I have a 95 dx. Orginal motor blow about 3 months ago. I already swaped out the motor for the d15 vtec motor. I have hooked up everything back up so far and it doesn't run right. using od tranny still too.

what I've done--

1. the motor did not come with a throttle body so I took mine off my old motor.
2. istalled p28
3. installed vtec dizzy

thats all I've done anything eles??

do I need to get the vtec subharness and jumper to my p28??
new o2 sensor?
anything else I need?

please help :)

find the pin outs for ur ecu to run vtec its like 2 wires and a ground..... make sure your ignition timing is good... and just check everything...

well you need to hook up the vtec and oil presure sensor to the ecu it's easy as hell you dont need a sub harness ......

now your using your stock dx intake wich is the wrong one for the motor you are using you need to get one from a d15b or a d16z6 they both have the same IAC valves

now the p28 is a great ecu to have (if it's tuned) your running a d15b you should be useing a p08 ecu it's the proper ecu for the d15b VTi

he's using the throttle body. not the intake.... doesn't really matter what intake manifold u use.. as long as its a sohc...

i think it does the dx mani has the AIC on the side of the throttle body and the sohc vtec setups have the AIC on the back of the mani not on the side of throttle body

am i wrong?

ok well I got the right throttle body but the iac sensor (thats the thing thats 2 bolts and its right behind my throttle body right??) is off my old motor. Same with the tps.

and I'll try doing the pinout but is that what it really could be?

it runs and I can take it down the street and back but it sounds terrible and I can only go like 10mph tops

Back