What is good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

geminianm1

Ok first off i have a 1990 CRX hatch and i want to get some type of audio system for it because right now i dont have any speakers in it or anything. I am looking for like subs/ amps and speakers or whatever you need for a good setup. I really would prefer not to spend over $400... anything lower would obviously be good... ill take any help i really do not know much about car audio setups. Thanks

yourt not gonna have a good setup like that brand new for under 400. Try under 1000 like mine was. But your best bet due to your price range is ebay or forums.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok first off i have a 1990 CRX hatch and i want to get some type of audio system for it because right now i dont have any speakers in it or anything. I am looking for like subs/ amps and speakers or whatever you need for a good setup. I really would prefer not to spend over $400... anything lower would obviously be good... ill take any help i really do not know much about car audio setups. Thanks
top of the line name brand shit will not sound good without a good deck. $200 will get you a nice deck. for speakers, I'd suggest getting some along the lines of Infinity, Pioneer, or Polk Audio. They average about $70 for a pair of 6 1/2 inch for either of those brands and you will need 2 pairs so that's about $150. So it's gonna run you $350 for a nice deck and some good speakers, you're not gonna find a decent amp and sub(s) for $50. The amp installation kit will run you $30-$50 depending on what gauge wire you decide to go with. So in all, you won't find a good set up for $400. if you could up your budget to around $550-$600, you can complete a real good set up.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Ok first off i have a 190 CRX hatch and i want to get some type of audio system for it because right now i dont have any speakers in it or anything. I am looking for like subs/ amps and speakers or whatever you need for a good setup. I really would prefer not to spend over $400... anything lower would obviously be good... ill take any help i really do not know much about car audio setups. Thanks
top of the line name brand shit will not sound good without a good deck. $200 will get you a nice deck. for speakers, I'd suggest getting some along the lines of Infinity, Pioneer, or Polk Audio. They average about $70 for a pair of 6 1/2 inch for either of those brands and you will need 2 pairs so that's about $150. So it's gonna run you $350 for a nice deck and some good speakers, you're not gonna find a decent amp and sub(s) for $50. The amp installation kit will run you $30-$50 depending on what gauge wire you decide to go with. So in all, you won't find a good set up for $400. if you could up your budget to around $550-$600, you can complete a real good set up.
Yeah $400 for a decent setup going to be hard to do but you could save $ having one sub in your car instead of two and it will still sound good. I find that when it comes to audio your better off spending a little more for quality because if you go cheap and I've had it happen to me, the shit breaks down quick. I learned my lesson with that and I love my setup now even though I spent a little more.

Don't bother with the subs/amp until you have some more money.

I would defenitly go with a Pioneer HU, for the money they are WELL worth it.

DEH-6700
DEH-P3800MP
DEH-P4800MP

Or you can go with an even cheaper Pioneer HU, all the newer models are great. Hell, I put my old ass DEH-P2000 back in because I like it better.

I'd choose Infinity over pioneer speakers though.

alright, cool ill look up some of these things, and if i get like $500-$700 ill repost then there are probably some decent setups. thanks

also if youd like to cut it a lil cheaper for the time being you can go with only one set of 6.5's and put them in the doors

this is an espically good way to save money if you dont drive around any passangers.

and who the hell wants rear fill anyways :p :p

Back