MI What is name of this part? (I'm looking to buy it!)will travel/payshipping JACKSON

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lucidskies

f0yvsj.jpg

Hello,

It's on an 89 CIVIC HATCH.
What is this part called?
I need one of these in good working. Please contact me with a price if you have one.

Thanks!

That's a pretty heavy part to ship... try car-part.com to see if a junkyard in your area has one.

What part would you search for? They don't really have the knuckle as an option.
Thanks

Actually, that is the name for it ...

Honda Automotive Parts

On Car-parts.com it is called a "Steering Knuckle"

Spindle may just get you the hub, or even an axle (the axle nut is called a spindle nut), call around local junk yards and ask specifically for the Knuckle assembly.

Last edited:
Did you find one? And you are from Jackson....??? (state?)
If you didn't already find one, let me know, and I will dig around at the house and see if I still have extras. I have a crap ton of parts laying around.

the common name for it as you have it pictured is a front leg assembly (d/side or p/side)

ive never heard it called that. always spindle/knuckle/hub. knuckle is really more appropriate for the entire assembly since spindle/hub really refers to the ... well ... hub that's pressed into the bearing (which is pressed into the knuckle)

technically "spindle" is actually the incorrect term for it. RWD cars have spindles in the front, FWD cars have spindles in the back. I believe people call it spindles because on many RWD cars it's part of the front knuckle. On the driven wheel it could be considered part of the axle(pretty much the part that supports the hub).

Last edited:
Back