1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is The Absolute Best Engine For A 92 Civic Si

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by AraCerE, Mar 11, 2003.

1. AraCerE

AraCerE Junior Member

I am new to the import car scene and I am about to buy a 92 Civic Si-R....It already has a DOHC VTEC engine in it.........I was wondering what would be the absloute best motor that I can put in it and money is no abject.

Thanks,
    A ra C er E

2. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

What motor is in it now? The best is just your own opinion. But H22 is the most powerful.

3. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

a well built b20 w/ a turbo would waste an h22

4. SFPracing

SFPracing Senior Member

Best stock motor would probably be B20Vtec. Best motor would be a B1c5 Type R with sleeved bottom end, forged internals, and ported head with all the stronger internalss.

5. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

He said whats the best motor, of course I could build a better motor, but H22 is the best motor platform, you can't argue. The best built motor would be CRVTEC/T with a Type R head. And there is no B20VTEC stock motor, it's a hybrid motor.

6. rsaeini

rsaeini Senior Member

I must agree with some of the guys and say the B18C1 is probably the best stock motor for all around performance to throw in there but you are restricted a little. What I mean is that the R-spec motors are already pretty well designed and put together and you probably won't be able to get too much more out of it.
    However, I believe the biggest bang for the buck is the H22 but there is a small weight issue(a cf hood and battery relocation should fix), and you have to beef up your suspension a bit. Still worth getting but don't expect to be Michael Andretti with an H22.

-Why are you trying to swap out the engine??? You already have a Dual cam Vtec motor, save the money you will spend on a new motor and just build on it or slap a turbo on it.

7. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Same thing I was thinking. Just build up your existing engine. If you want to stay NA but still want trq. buy a ITR bottom end on that head. You already have a sweet engine and there is no reason to swap it out.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted