What is the benefit of swapping in a ITR Final Drive?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

I was wondering what the benefit would be of swapping my B16A final drive for the ITR final drive. I searched and didn't find anything to answer my question, kept getting error messages.

if its a USDM ITR final its the same as the b16.. the JDM is a 4.7.. so i suppose faster revs .. i dunno

Quoted post[/post]]
I was wondering what the benefit would be of swapping my B16A final drive for the ITR final drive. I searched and didn't find anything to answer my question, kept getting error messages.
It's basically raises the overall gear ratio of your entire transmission. The best analogy I can come up with is a mountain bike. Think of the front cogs on the crank of your mountain bike as the final drive and the rear cogs on the bike as the rest of the gears in the transmission. The smaller the cog on the front, the easier it is to go up a hill, i.e. you have a better gear advantage than if you were on the bigger cog, which you'd normally use for cruising at higher speeds. It's harder to get your bike started on the higher gears, same thing as the final drive in a transmission, the ITR final drive will give you a gearing advantage for quicker starts, well, if it's a JDM ITR, the usdm ITR and B16 are both 4.4 I believe. Hope that helps.

yeah, 4.7 FD is much better for your acceleration. Pretty common mod, plenty of purpose.

Mikes analogy hit it on the head.

Back