what is the best ECU??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackcom

hey guys,

what is the best ECU to use for MPFI swap from DPFI?
PM 7 or PM 6??
which got higher rev limit? :unsure:

Well what motor did you put in, or did you just do a mini-me swap. If you put in a DOHC ZC then a PG7 or a PM7 is best. If you just put an si head on your block then a PM6 will probably do just fine for you. D16Z6 uses a diff ecu, but I forget which one, look it up if you need to know.

use the pm6 for the si, my guess is you're still using the dpfi head right?

z6 = p28, but thats not for you...

hi guys,
thks for the info ..
yes, im still using the D15B2 head + bottom now
im swapping the Z6 manifold 1st with the MPFI from DPFI, but will swap the Z6 head with D15B2 bottom later after i finished with my MPFI swap..

so i go get a PM6 or PM7 for the Just the MPFI swap?
how to tell wherthe izt a manual or auto?
sorry for my noob for car :p

items i have now, for mpfi swap
-adj cam gear (use it wen i change the head)
-Z6 intake manifold with injector,rail,TB
-PM7 ECU (looking for a PM6)
-honda resistor box
-ZC dizzy
anytin i left out??

For now just get the cheaper of the three, although the PM7/PG7 has better fuel curves. You will have to get the p28 later when you wire in your vtec for the Z6 head. There is a section on pgmfi.org that not only tells you whether or not its a auto ecu, but it also tells you how to change it. I converted a PM7 myself in less than 10mins using that web site.

hi cheezzzzzzzzzz...

i found both PM7 and PM6 at the same price.. :p
Which will u chose? Y?
The thing is mi now wondering wherthe are they manual or auto,cz i need a manual. :unsure:
Can PM7 be use for the MPFI swap from D15B2? using Z6 manifold.

either ecu will work. but i would go with the pm6 for your setup. the pg7 might have a little too rich of fuel curves for your 1.5, plus if you get the 90-91 pm6, you can chip it later if you decide you want to fine tune your setup

thks bro..
hmm ...seems like PM7 dosen't have much supporters kekek :D
but will it be very costly to chip the PM6 ECU if i wanna fine tune it cz im swaping a Z6 head on later on..im staying in singapore. :angry:
Or should i go for the PM7 instead? :huh:

Back