what is the easiest swap for my civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shipwreck29

i have a 99 civic ex and i want to know if the 97-01 b18c1 will be an easy swap and what all do i need to do the swap because my car has an automatic tranny?????

you're gonna need some special equipment like a plasma cutter or orbital cutter and a welder. here's what you need to do:

-cut the current tranny mount off
-weld a manual tranny mount on
-weld a panel to shut the opening for your auto shifter
-install a manual pedal assembly
-install a clutch master cylinder
-run the clutch fluid lines
-get a clutch slave cylinder

-from there on out it a straight forward swap, check out the instruction on the link below. the instructions are for an EG but it's identical.

SWAP- how to

it is a little easier to just sell your ride and get a 5spd, you can convert to 5spd when you are swapping your new motor but it just makes it a little more hassle on your part since now you have two major things going on. If this is your first swap, then I recommend you reseach some, buy a helms, study it, ask others about the 5spd swap and go from there.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Sep 25 2003, 02:19 PM
it is a little easier to just sell your ride and get a 5spd, you can convert to 5spd when you are swapping your new motor but it just makes it a little more hassle on your part since now you have two major things going on. If this is your first swap, then I recommend you reseach some, buy a helms, study it, ask others about the 5spd swap and go from there.

i've done the auto-to-manual swap and let me tell you it was no walk in the park.
i say just get a car with a 5spd and start from there.

Back