what is this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

hey i am looking at the SkunK2 web sight for head gear; for my GSR motor. and in the collum of the cam shaft that i want to get it says, "valvetrain upgrade recomended" does this mean i shuld also replace valve springs, valves, retaniers, Intake manifold, and cam gears? do i have to replace all of these?? and i know skunk2 is a good brand for headgear, what are some others, i mean i dont know if i will have $900 for just camshafts. any help will be appreciated

Because that big of a cam will fuck up your stock shit like nothing, they wont handle the stress and then kablamo.

If you do get the cams, get the retainers, valves, and valve springs, better safe than sorry.

you need a valvetrain upgrade with anything higher than a stage 1. this upgrade eliminates the possibility of your pistons hitting your valves. your stock valvesprings do not have a high enough spring rate to snap those valves closed quickly. the titanium retainers are just stronger so they hold up better.

I concur y0!

your weak stock springs probably can't handle the violent new movements of a high performance cam, and same for your retainers.

It isn't that expensive, and just a good idea even if your not over stage 1.

is it pointless to get anything higer than stage 1? i got a GSR im doin High Compression, and maby a 75 shot of NOS. i was thinkin like stage 2. but do yall think stage 1 would be just fine? i was lookin for like 190ish horse. also whats a good pistion brand to get the high compression? i heard CTR is popular. any others?

well i was planing on around 1000$ to 2000$ for the pistons, valvetrain and maby headers. but i was plaing on gettin the headers on Ebay or sumtinn like that.

ctr pistons w/rings
skunk 2 stage 2 upgrade, or crowers(crower is less$)
of course your Nawwws kit
ARP head and rod bolts
new head gasket and seals
manley stainless valves
should be like 2000 - 2500

do you have intake, exhaust, FPR?

so i was just checkin out the prices for Crower stuff. but would it be a bad idea, or not recomended if i use all crower headgear, but skunk2 valves??

Back