What is wrong with my electrical?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mxgx12

I have a 91 HF, my SOHC ZC took a crap on me so I dropped in a DOHC ZC. Everything went well, considering it was my first swap. I switched my connectors for the distributor and ran the two extra wires to the CPS. Hooked everything thing up and coulda swear everything was right. Went to start the engine and got nothin. I have cabin power, headlights, tailights, you name it, just no response from the engine. I saw this engine run a week before i installed it so I know everything is in working order. THinkin it was my battery (it had been sitting for a long time), I attempted to jump it off another car. I heard a "pop" and thought aw shit. I checked all my fuses, in both locations like six times and they're all good. BUT heres the catch, my Check Engine Light, Battery, and Oil warning lights on the left side of my dash no longer come on (Though they did before I tried jumpin the car) and my oil pump no longers whirrs like it did right before I jumped it.. I know I have power to my starter cuz I used a multimeter on it. I also tried jumpin it with a screw driver but it didnt even spark. So Im freakin lost, too much electrical makes my head spin. I know thats a long story but any help would be greatly appreciated. Funny how all my honda buddies are no where to be found when a problem like this comes up.:huh:

First of all make sure you got the two white wires for the distributor plug right. they should be different sizes, then check the fuses as one probably blew. Check the main battery fuse under the hood.

The distributor wires are different sizes, smaller coming from harness, bigger one on the distributor. I checked all my fuses again including main battery fuse and all are ok. Any other fuses hidden anywhere besides the obvious ones in fusebox and underneath the steering column?

missed my tranny ground wire. Wont make that mistake again.

Back