1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wrong with my Integra? I need help!

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by fahadbaigs, Nov 12, 2003.

1. fahadbaigs

fahadbaigs Member

It’s only Wednesday and I’m already Pissed Off…

Alright I have an 1995 automatic Integra LS it has about 133,000 miles on it and I recently lost to my friends 1996 Honda Civic DX hatchback 3 times which is completely stock and is automatic! :angry: I have AEM Cold Air Intake, DC Sports 4-2-1 Header, and a Mugen style twin loop muffler. His hatchback has about 70,000 miles on it, but still what happened? My dad said that my catalytic converter might be backed up and maybe the exhaust to. What type of cat should I get something for $100 bucks? And in the winter I plan to rebuild my engine because my throttle response is pretty gutless. What type of pistons should I get? I was thinking either Type-R Pistons or JE SRP Pistons and what type of compression should I run?

2. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

Get a 5 speed.

3. fahadbaigs

fahadbaigs Member

By the way please no stupid suggestions.

4. lude68

lude68 Senior Member

:werd: :withstupid: The slush-o-matic is really the thing slowing you down. Unless you put a v-8 in that car take your money and 1)buy another car or 2)convert to 5-speed!

5. fahadbaigs

fahadbaigs Member

But both of our cars our automatics

6. brettII

brettII KMS-fab

agreed. auto matics suck....a conversion would be clutch. very nice addition to the car as well, but some work. i like the idea of swapping a vtec head on there....b16 or itr if you have the cash. so what he said...

brett

7. Paperchaser013

Paperchaser013 Member

slush boxes suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!5 speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted