what kind of coilovers for 88dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1988crxswapp

I have been searching for full adjustable coilovers for a while now and it is hard to find ones with adjustable camber which is what i want for my 88 crx dx so i dont have to mess around with getting the coilovers and then have to by another kit for camber, just get it all in one shot,does anyone know of a brand that will have the coilovers with camber adjustments.

Sorry, but that situation is just part of modding an older Civic. Some cars will have a setup where you can adjust the camber at the shock towers, but your car does not. You'll need separate camber kits to adjust the front. You can buy camber kits for the rear as well, or you can just do it on the cheap by shimming in some washers...

thanks for the info do u recomend any camber kits over others. i had the ones on my last crx that had the upper ball joint that u could slide and tighten into place i wasnt a big fan of it and the adjustment was a small range.

I have a set of hardrace on the front on my ED6. They seem ok so far but they probably only have like 300 miles on them, and that was two trips to the track and back.

hardrace ill check those out. anybody have some suggestions on the coilovers????????? my car isnt a track car so it gets lots of road driving not so much track.

You talking about function and form? They are the same as K-sport/D2. If so, they aren't the best of quality but that's what you get with a 600-800 coilover set. Maybe they have made them better but I used to hear about them leaking a lot after few miles. Probably the best in that price range would be the cheaper Progress Technology coilover suspension. Personally I'm ordering a set of AMR Engineering coilovers within the week. They all list for $1,450 for any car but they are all custom so I'm not sure where the real price will be. They do custom length, spring rate (Hypercoils), valving. 8-way bound and rebound adjustable.

so im better off spending that money!!!! ya they are the function and forms and i have heared what ur talking about with the ksports so thanks for info

Back