What Kind Of Motor Oil Should I Use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaCivicTuner

hey every one this is my first vtec im putting in the b16a motor into my 90 civic dx and i was woundering what every one here thought of what brand/wheight/and synthetic or not oil to use alos not sure what i have to buy the oil filter for(year/make/modle) all the little stuff ya know that i dont want to fuck up and to be wrong when i get the beast running. any suggestions or answers to my questions would be much apreciated.thanks gang

you can ask 5 different members this question and you will get 5 different answers. I run a Napa Gold oil filter and Red Line Synthetic 10w30. (The street oil not the race oil, you don't want to run the race oil in a street car)

Mobil Blue Cap
MTF for the tranny

And the oldone says to use
"
In Reply to: Re: MOBIL1 AND CASTROL SYNTEC!!MOTUL&REDLINE TOO!! posted by body on July 23, 1998 at 15:35:03:

The best oil I've ever found is Mobil 1 after a thorough break-in. The best formula is Mobil 1 with a pint of Commercial Grade Anti Friction by Pro Tec. Nothing else comes close. You should be able to find them at (901) 377-6888. Let me know if you have a problem.
......................................T.O.O. ...................................... "

Milan

Back