what material to use for homemade turbo manifold?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civy

i am boosting my 92 civic with a jdm d15b vtec and i am making a manifold for it.
what material should i use for this task?

it will be very simple and straight forward, once i find out wat material to use.

Just a warning...... My manifold was SUS 321 stainless steel, and my buddy had one on his civic that was SUS 304 Hi-Grade Stainless. Both manifolds are cracked all the hell.

You need to brace all the runners, then brace the turbo mounting surface. Bracing the turbo itself when its installed is a BIG +!!! :D

Just a warning...... My manifold was SUS 321 stainless steel, and my buddy had one on his civic that was SUS 304 Hi-Grade Stainless. Both manifolds are cracked all the hell.

you had some crap ass egay manifold
and you think it was 321 stainless?

true on the shitty ebay manifold. the XSPower manifold is made of 321 Stainless... or maybe 304 Stainless?? I cant really find anything about the pos.

I also had braces all over... it broke the brace on the runners and also the brace from my turbo.

Last edited:
Its made out of melted down silverware :lol: Please dont compare that thing to anything on this board again :)

true on the shitty ebay manifold. the XSPower manifold is made of 321 Stainless... or maybe 304 Stainless?? I cant really find anything about the pos.
they can SAY its made out of whatever they want
but i'd say its closer to cheap silverware than anything stainless

the easyiest way to do it would be to find a hf manifold and use an adapter plate to bolt on the turbo. or just buy a log manifold for $200

Back