What Motor for my 90 DX CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LouD n Low

Im trying to fig out what i should do i just bought a crx and i know nothing about imports or the motors so i dont know what the stock motor is i know its a 1.5 liter 16 valve non vtec and i need a new motor a buddy of mine told me i should put a JDM d15b in it he said it will bolt right in im not much into racing anyways i bought the crx to do sound pressure contest with but since i got it im gettin more into the import sence. And then someone told me i should put a Integra LS motor in it for me to do that what all would i need. I can get the d15b for about 300 and the ls for 550. Can i even make the d15b fast. Help i know nothing and need to knwo what i should do without spending ALOT of money

Thanks man but what if i decide to do the JDM d15b can i make that fast. And what can i do to make it fast i already got headers cold air intake and exhaust is there any other stuff that i can do

if you go with the d15b theres always the option of turbo :)

I made ~250 hp with my turbo LS. You can make the same on a turbo D series. Since you have a CRX it would be the cheapest route to turbo the d15b.

So I guess i should go with the JDM d15b cause its goin to be the cheapest and most bang for the buck. i mean what else could i do to make the d15b fast intake, headers, exhaust, TURBO anything else that would do it just let me know soem different stuff

There is also the option of getting a DOHC ZC. Thats what I have in my crx right now. They bolt right in as well. There is a guy over at www.thezcr.com that made 381whp/280torque @23psi keep in mind his motor is fully built. If your curious about it do a search for Liam821 on that site. So D series can make some serious power if turboed. Just thought I would throw another option out there.

When you go to get a motor and you cant find one locally check out www.hmotorsonline.com Great prices and great service, I would bet that 90 percent of this site got there motor from them. Good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
There is also the option of getting a DOHC ZC. Thats what I have in my crx right now. They bolt right in as well. There is a guy over at www.thezcr.com that made 381whp/280torque @23psi keep in mind his motor is fully built. If your curious about it do a search for Liam821 on that site. So D series can make some serious power if turboed. Just thought I would throw another option out there.

When you go to get a motor and you cant find one locally check out www.hmotorsonline.com Great prices and great service, I would bet that 90 percent of this site got there motor from them. Good luck.
:werd:
With all the extra weight from the speakers it doesn't sound like you are going to be doing drag racing, at least not right now. It should give you some extra torque for the extra weight. This engine is very easy to install, all things considered. Worst part is just some wiring to convert it from dpfi to mpfi, and making some modifications for the shifter in case you want it stick. I have it in my car now, and am building up for a turbo.

I have a B18 GSR About to go turbo sometime next week and my motor is fast :)

Well it sounds good i belive im goin to go with the JDM D15b non vtec and turbo it and put a bottle on it, gettin the motor is not the hard part its gettin someone to swap them well finding someone to swap them for under 500 the cheapest guyt around were i live in NC is 800 and ill try to do it my self b4 i pay that so if anyone lives in NC and wants to help let me know

Back