What motor for my hatch???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allicedout

ok i need some help. but before i go on im tired of guys ragging on me for what i want to do. what i do is my business, anyhow im gonna be swapping in a d15b or a d16y8 into my 91 hatch. but im not sure which way to go?? any help would be great. thanks.

hi, welcome to HS :wave:

if you want my opinion, scrap the y8, go for the D16z6. it wont cost too much more, and you will have alot more fun with it.

but out of your 2 choices, the y8.

maybe he doesnt have enough $$$ to buy a bseries swap and do what he wants to do with the engine..... like me, i want a turbo-ed car.. i can get a d16 and build my own turbo kit for less $$$ that it would be to buy a stock b series swap, hence the reason why im not going B... if i had an extra 2 grand lying around, sure id buy a b16 and turbo that.. but im broke and out of a job until school ends so d series is fine for me..

dohc does have much more potential though, maybe look into getting a dohc zc.. close power rating as sohc but can hande a little more power... around the same price too, if u shop around...

but if ur sticking to sohc, def. get the y8 or a z6... id prefer z6.. you will be happier in the long run

Put it this way. The bigest you can afford that will fit your budget and your engine bay :thumbsup:

im all about b20 vtec setups, you can get like 50 more hp and 40 more lb/ft of tq for the same price of a b16 if you shop around

turboB20hatch. you are not aloud to speak.

definitly go with the y8. or mix it up with d15 block and y8 head, ecu.
but definitly support you with wanting to go d series... its more honda like. ;)

Back