1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What OBD is XSi B16A? How can I make this legal?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Essenar, May 10, 2006.

1. Essenar

Essenar Junior Member

I'm trying to cram as much information in, before I actually go out and buy an engine.

I read a link here (thanks to Pissedoffsol) that talks about how to make a JDM motor California legal. That's like a blessing from god considering the JDM B16A's are nearly 700-800 dollars cheaper than the USDM ones. The question is how to get it to work and how to get it to work right.

I'm going to use same-year or newer (92-93 Engine, 92-93 Integra Shell/Civic Shell ideally)

This part I'm confused about:

Okay so what OBD is this engine: B16A XSi 92-93

I need to get a P30? How do I get that, and is that the thing that goes under the carpet on the passenger side of the car? If I get a P30 ECU, how do I keep it OBD1 or rather change the OBD to 1 and use the P30 ECU?

I'm planning on using a CARB Legal US spec aftermarket intake/exhaust manifold, since it'd be cheaper/easier than finding an OEM Del Sol Vtec manifold set up.

Will I need one of those? If so, what's the wa of making an engine OBD1 without using a jumper?

I know that if the XSi engine is OBD1 that means I can probably get away as long as I just get the P30 ECU.
  2. Z6CRX

Z6CRX übber ɐɾuıu etarip

Pittsburgh, PA
    The XSi motor is OBD1, i converted my CRX to obd1 and put one in
    and it uses a cable tranny, not a hydro
    and the motor should include the ECU, i dont know which one off hand but it's OBD1
  3. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Phoenix Az
    92 to 95 any honda, will be obd1.
    Any engine from 92-95 will be obd1 jdm or usdm.

(with some exceptions of late 91s being obd1 and late 95s being obd2 in the preludes)

If you get a 92-93 civic shell, you can use a motor of the same year, but you'll need to get a hydro transmission or use the Hasport conversion kit.

[ the p30 is obd1, the XSi comes with a pr3 i think ]
  4. freak86

freak86 New Member

Southwest Michigan
    Pretty sure that at least some XSi's are obd0...prolly the pre-92's though. PR3 or PW0 obd0's.
Draft saved Draft deleted