What sensor or control valve is this???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jevs

I cannot figure out what this valve thing is for on the front of my B16 Vtec manifold. It is the same thing that is on the 92' Integra manifold. I looked it up on the dealer parts list and is says "valve, air boost". Does anyone know what this is for? I don't have a manual for the older integras that use the same thing. I am running an accell DFI and want to eliminate all the unneccessary crap.

is there wiring going to it? if theres a vacuum hose going to it and to the intake, its not needed(sp) if theres wiring goin to it, take pictures.
I think its for days when its real cold out it will do something with the throttle plate, but im not sure.

There is no wires to it, it ports into the intake and has two hoses comeing from it. One hose goes to the top of the maniford and the other used to go somewhere, but I don't know where :). Reguardless, I removed it and made an aluminum block off plate. I spent the evening removing useless crap like the fast idle valve and that thing and making block off plates. I am cleaning everything off the engine I don't need to make it look cleaner. I have an IAC control for the DFI that I will have to adapt to the honda manifold. This is optional for the DFI, but recommended for better idle.

sounds like the pcv or egr valve... but the egr has wires on it...

It is not either of those. I noticed on some other cars when looking on the net that the place where this mounts is simply just "nubs" and not drilled and tapped for this.

Back