What Should I Be Looking For?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey... Im getting confused now, well not confused, but have more questions then answers.
When I first started to look into building a fast 1/4 mile honda, I thought I needed more horsepower. Then I thought ... horsepower matters more for top end speed, and not the first 1/4 mile, so then I thought I needed more torque... well when I learned that more torque will just create shitty traction I wondered... well how do I know how much torque and HP do I need to get a 12 second car? I started wonder about stroking cars also.

Im looking to build a 12 second car. I know the different between 12.00 to 12.99 is a lot, but id be happy with anything inbetween. Could somebody explain to me what Im looking for now? I need to get good traction, and have the HP and TQ to get 12 seconds. People talk about the TQ hitting in the powerband and stuff like that, and Im not exactly sure what that means. I dont know where I want my torque, low end, middle, top end, and I dont know what I need to do.

If somebody could help explain to me what I need to aim for to get a 12 second car, it would be great. Explain WHY too please!

Thank you so much! I hope this post will end all my wondering!

at your age, the only thing you need to be stroking is your penis. :lol: i've been waiting to use that line for a while now.. lol sorry, ANYWAY... its stupid easy to get into the 12s. you don't have to stroke a motor, shit, you don't have to build up a motor. a GSR with a decent turbo setup running 10-12 psi on a regualr sized turbo will net you below 12.99 for sure

Back