what should i do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

so yeah, the dude i was supposed to get the c1 from pretty much sold it right out from under my nose- However someone just brought a 93 GS motor to my attention, with a completely rebuilt head and tranny- but i have a few concerns

-is this swap even worth it? cause i'm thinking the OBD 0 motor in an OBD I car is >me and completely pointless since i'll NEVER pass inspection

-i bought an ACT flyhweel and clutch for a GSR motor and trans- they are not going to work with this motor are they?

:feedback:

93 is obd1, no worries there. the obd1 b18a is 99% the same motor as the b18b. i have one in my 95 sedan, it was very straightforward swap. the trans is the problem, you will either have to buy the hasport cable-hydro conversion, or get a hydro trans. i suggest the latter if you have the parts already, as the clutch and fly wont work in the trans that motor comes with. i suggest a gsr trans if you can find one and its not your daily driver, if its gonna see highways a lot, get a hydro ls tranny.

:doh: stupid me, i forgot that 93 integras were OBD I

- i think i am going to pass though, I don't see any reason to change all my plans and get this motor when I already have parts for the GSR- I want a turbo GSR and nothing else, so i'm just gonna stop spending money for a few weeks (read, not possible)

yeah that's exactly how I feel- THis is the first car i've had a chance to customize to my liking from the ground up and i don't see any reason to make any sacrifices, especially in the area of the powerplant

what car are you planning to put a motor in?

my 92 hatch of course- I'm gonna have to wait a month or so and scrape up the money that i need to get that motor from you-

Back