What should I look for??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nq8s

I am going to buy a GSR motor b18c1 with like 55k miles from a guy in my area.

This is a FULL swap axles linkage mounts ecu etc.. what exactly should I look for while I go down to check out the motor at the warehouse??

What about papers? I think he said there is none.

Thanks

no papers eh? that's sorta fishy- is it out of a car or imported? well either way, make sure you check the block, right where the transmission meets the motor there is a little flat spot and it should say B18C5 if it is a true Type R-

whoops., you're not getting a type R, you're getting a GSR- well either way, look in the same place- and be sure to check stuff like areas where gaskets meet, the timing belt if you can get a look at it and the flyhweel if the transmission is off- also, pull out the spark plugs as they're usually a good indicator of how the motor has been running- if the flyhweel is deeply scratched and burned, chances are the car suffered a little abuse from the right foot- check the inside of any hose connections and make sure there is no oil residue, which would indicate a bad head gasket- i hope i helped a little

Back