what size exhaust is best??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

everything here is illegal it seems like.. except the HERB.. if ya got a prescription..... yaaa for prop 215

in cali? better get a carb approved one... screw the size... get one that passes. thats harder

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
in cali? better get a carb approved one... screw the size... get one that passes. thats harder
isnt it the muffler that matters.. not the piping.. i have a DynoMax muffler.. it looks completly stock..

EVERY part you pu ton your car must be carb approved, or you'll eventually get a ticket for it and make a post about it like 2412312 other people have in the past.

buy a REAL cat back thats pre-approved and save your self a lot of time and headaches...

well with the exhaust that i have now.. the referee didnt say anything about it when i first went to get my car checked out to figure out what i had to do.. he gave me a list of things to do and that was not one of them.. though the intake was.. so i dont think it really matters..

the only thing a smog ref looks at out here on swap is that all vacuum lines are ran for that year engine and that the exhaust manifold and c.a.p. has a carb sticker on it and certain place you can call that have carb c.a.p. will give you the sticker if you ask them for one. my friend did that on his tacoma and on his civic :)

but yeah <span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">CALI SUCKS FOR SMOG </span> i have never been pulled over and been told to pop the hood.

but i hope this helps

2.25 is best but what do i know. I dont work at a cooool place like Pip Girls or Asszone.

I love this board. I haven't been on here in a while, but after reading this post, I feel like I never left.

As for backpressure, it's good for a few things, but making horsepower is not one of them. The idea of back pressure is to keep the gas flow continuous. Keep the exhaust velocity high for the scavenging, but if your piping gets too big, the velocity goes down, and gas flow ends up reversing in the pipes. no good. Get too small a pipe and you sacrifice power at the top end because the pipes reach their flow capacity.

Back pressure is good for economy/efficiency, but who cares about that? We're driving Hondas? :)

As for autozone, they are good for buying carwash stuff and air fresheners.

Back