what size T3?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffsciv23

i have a d16y8 with a t25 @12psi and i want more:D. what size T3 would best fit my engine.

yeah i can run up the boost but i want more of a top end pull, don't get me wrong it is nice to be fully spooled at around 3k but it dies out. just thought a t3 with a .48 .60 would be nice just wanted to see others comments.

i know i am gonna have to get a new manifold and DP but i was figureing on getting a new front mount and bov anyways so i figured why not just redo the whole thing a little less ghetto this time. ;) even redo the charge pipes a little nicer and grind down the weld so i won't be embarassed to pop the hood :D

think that would be a decent sized turbo?

yea, that sounds like its decent sized.
i don't know trim ratios that well...
did you consider t3/t4?

and what car is this on?
i would be interested in buying your old turbo parts that you take off...
so if you wanna sell hit me up on a PM in case i don't see you reply post on here.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 12 2004, 11:08 AM
yea, that sounds like its decent sized.
i don't know trim ratios that well...
did you consider t3/t4?

and what car is this on?
i would be interested in buying your old turbo parts that you take off...
so if you wanna sell hit me up on a PM in case i don't see you reply post on here.

it's on a 99 civic ex.
yeah i'm gonna be selling them once i get the other parts together.
it'll be t25, log manifold, o2 housing, DP and probly dsm smic.

have you had that thing on a dyno? what kind of numbers are you putting down.

and not to bad mouth hondaswap, but have you been to turbod16? they may have more info for you there.

what kind of t25 is it? is it from a dsm, or is it a true t25?

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Apr 12 2004, 01:53 PM
have you had that thing on a dyno? what kind of numbers are you putting down.

and not to bad mouth hondaswap, but have you been to turbod16? they may have more info for you there.

what kind of t25 is it? is it from a dsm, or is it a true t25?

i had it dynoed at 194 peak but i still need more top end hp..
and don't worry your not bad mouthing hondaswap.com because turbod16 is a member here :D. it's just a DSM t25 off of a AWD eclipse don't know if that means it's not a true t25 or what.

turbod16 i was talking about is turbod16.com.

and the t25's off dsm's are much smaller than t25's off 240's or silvia's.

if your just after more top end hp get a t28, you can keep your manifold and exhaust you'll just be upgrading the turbo. you should be able to run up to 20 psi and that should pretty much max out your d-series.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Apr 13 2004, 12:07 PM
turbod16 i was talking about is turbod16.com.

and the t25's off dsm's are much smaller than t25's off 240's or silvia's.

if your just after more top end hp get a t28, you can keep your manifold and exhaust you'll just be upgrading the turbo. you should be able to run up to 20 psi and that should pretty much max out your d-series.

yeah i know, i was just messing with you.
but my favorite turbo site is homemadeturbo.com ;)

oh, ok. anyway i think you should look for a t28 off an s14 or s15 with a .60 a/r cold, .48 hot.

i believe those are good to like 350 hp(crank).

Back