what sleeves?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16ahatch

Well i just had my bottom end built with arias pistons and eagle rods and 1000 miles later im burning oil. Turns out the machine shop bored my cylinder walls out way to much and my pistons now wiggle around in my cylinder so im thinking the only thing really left to do now is pull all the guts out and sleeve it so my question is what sleeves do you guys recommend i was thinking darton sleeves. Oh by the way its a b16 and im planing on running about 18psi

B16's have an open deck so choose a sleeve w/a deck built in.....AEBS,Darton,Golden Eagle.....I like the AEBS and make sure you follow the makers instructions on installation to a "T" or better yet send the block to golden eagle

If someone told you the "piston noise/slap" you hear is due to the cylinders being bored too big, they don't know arias pistons very well.

If you are getting blowby and a leakdown test shows the problem as being the rings on the pistons, then why not just get oversized pistons?

MY bad - Burning oil you said. Have you gotten a leakdown test / compression test done yet? Both are important and can tell you LOTS about your engine and what problems it may/may not have.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Jul 14 2003, 05:41 PM
Have you gotten a leakdown test / compression test done yet? Both are important and can tell you LOTS about your engine and what problems it may/may not have.

fairly cheap to have done even

Back