what the hell is this wire???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatukazi

ambitious...but rubbish
I finally got my car back from the shop and was looking under the hood and I found a cut wire. it is blue and yellow located next to the resistor box.

when I hooked it up again the car idled faster, guy at shop(NEVER going there again by the way) said he adjusted my idle. ECU shows code for IACV so I have no idea how he adjusted it basically wasting my money on useless labor.

so just wondering what this wire is and what it's for, I am waiting on an igniter from e-bay so if this fried the first one I dont want to keep fixing shit, thanks.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    427.7 KB · Views: 163
blue with yellow stripe wire goes to the IACV along with a black with yellow stripe wire - could be why you are getting code for IACV

I finally got my car back from the shop and was looking under the hood and I found a cut wire. it is blue and yellow located next to the resistor box.

when I hooked it up again the car idled faster, guy at shop(NEVER going there again by the way) said he adjusted my idle. ECU shows code for IACV so I have no idea how he adjusted it basically wasting my money on useless labor.

so just wondering what this wire is and what it's for, I am waiting on an igniter from e-bay so if this fried the first one I dont want to keep fixing shit, thanks.

How did he asjust your idle? The only way it can be adjusted is by the idle screw on the throttle body. Adjusting that screw too much is a bad idea. Disconnecting the IACV is his way of adjusting the idle, I would report that momo to the Better Businness Bureau.

Back