What the hell?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

old-noob

I have a 95 ex coupe, d16z6, manual tranny. The motor will crank but will not fire up. I changed the plugs, all belts,& water pump(made sense since I was changing the timing belt). I have tested plug wires, ignighter pack, coil, fuel filter, injectors for power,(not sure how to check the injectors without making a mess). I have fire at all four plugs, but it still won't start even with starting fluid sprayed into the throttle body. With the motor cold cylinders 1,3,& 4 give 150+ psi,#2 gives 120-130 psi. The motor sound like it wants to start, but won't. What's my next course of action? Can I bring the computer to be tested? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure that you are getting a good spark? Did you use the starter motor to turn the engine over without the plug wires hooked up? If you did you could have damaged your coil, I learned this the hard way awhile back! Check this site it has some good info. You can take the coil out and look in the light for the heat spots that are created when you destroy it from doing what I described above.
Starting Problems

Last edited:
boostin4fun, thanks, you hit the nail on the head. There's a nice big crispy spot in it.

Back