What To Do Next?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

02SI

I own an 02 Si, and I am wondering to what to do next. Right now, I have all bolt on power, tinted windows, new Falken tires, 18 in. Velox rims, short shifter, 2 in. drop, and a system. I am thinking I should put a body kit on next, Buddy Club. I was going to put that on, but they sent me the wrong kit, and put my header, rims and system instead of waiting a month. I don't want to put too much to the engine/suspension again until the warranty ends. I just wanted some input mostly for looks, but if a good engine modification is what you think I need, suggest it, can't go wrong with power. I'll shut up now.

next if your willing to spend some money, a good brake kit like the wilwoods or fastbrakes. I would say no on the body kit.

where are u located at, if ur in southern cali go to www.jdmrecycler.com and ask them for the price on the complete type r swap, thats the motor, the red recarro seats, the side skirts, everything, the brembo breaks all way around. just check out there web site, thats the number to jdm recycler, but u want to call and ask the price, there shop is called abcd. auto body cosmetic desing.

they do very good work.

but i would get the type r conversion!

lates,

oh wait this is the new si hatchback right? if not forget what i said. lates

Originally posted by H0ndap0w3r@Mar 8 2003, 01:03 AM
where are u located at, if ur in southern cali go to www.jdmrecycler.com and ask them for the price on the complete type r swap, thats the motor, the red recarro seats, the side skirts, everything, the brembo breaks all way around. just check out there web site, thats the number to jdm recycler, but u want to call and ask the price, there shop is called abcd. auto body cosmetic desing.

they do very good work.

but i would get the type r conversion!

lates,

oh wait this is the new si hatchback right? if not forget what i said. lates

he said he didn't want to do any major mods. to the engine (definiatly not a swap) until it's out of warranty. i'm will asmallsol, get some brakes and skip the kit.

I have been looking for a brake kit, but I can't find any that are out yet, can somebody get me some kits if you know of any? Thanks ahead of time.

Without doing any major work your biggest performance gain would be a set of 15" wheels. Also check with a Honda rep because some mods are still covered under warrenty.

Originally posted by 02SI@Mar 8 2003, 12:35 AM
I own an 02 Si, and I am wondering to what to do next. Right now, I have all bolt on power, tinted windows

Tinted windows are considered bolt-on power? hmm..i'll have to look into that :p j/k..well, what i would like to know is why everyone rags on body kits..what's the big deal? You got them..nice look..if not..oh well. Why diss them or try to tell people not to get them. I'm not saying people should go out and purchase them or not purchase them. I have one. Don't see what difference it makes not having one. I mean..they can get pretty expensive but, if that's the look you're going for..more power to you.

Originally posted by Zerosk8r455@Mar 8 2003, 08:44 PM
well, what i would like to know is why everyone rags on body kits..what's the big deal? You got them..nice look..if not..oh well. Why diss them or try to tell people not to get them. I'm not saying people should go out and purchase them or not purchase them. I have one. Don't see what difference it makes not having one. I mean..they can get pretty expensive but, if that's the look you're going for..more power to you.

The reason why we all rag on them is because 99% serve no funtion, they are just snow plows that have no areodynamics in mind. Also, most body kits are poorly made and they brake and crack when you go over big bumps. Also the money could be spent in other areas, the kit them selves may cost 1000 (dont know the prices of kits so if i am wrong, excuse me) then you have to spend another good 1000 at least for a good paint job. 2k can go along way. That could be a total suspention set up or tons of bolt ons or even close to a swap. Also body kits are heavy and they have an inverse relationship with performance. Lastly, haveing flashy stuff like 18 in wheels, body kits, neons, spoilers, systems ect make your car more appealing for theives, cops, ricers that wont stop trying to race you ever second and stuff like that. You get what i am saying with this. Yes some of us do respenct some body kits like Mugen's because they actually have airflow in mind and they test all of their stuff in wind tunnels for the best possible areodynamic design.

thats totally right but like everyone knows theres different people theres the infamous ricers lol and theres the performance ppl and etc.... but its different tastes ddifferent applications all that but there are some real funked up kits out there but i would rather spend my money on performance but thats just me but if you have the dough hey why not i got a body kit and my before and after times didnt change a bit

Originally posted by KrUsHa@Mar 9 2003, 12:10 AM
but if you have the dough hey why not i got a body kit and my before and after times didnt change a bit

That's cause your running 19's in the quarter and can't get past 60mph. HA.

actually, an average price for a complete body kit is around $600, and painting one professionally costs around $150 to $300.

anyway, man sounds like your si is pretty nice! :D i agree with the other peeps who said you should upgrade your brakes next. you do have an alarm don't you? if not..i strongly suggest geting one.

I wish my SI was nice I just found a scratch on the Driver side door, big one. I didn't get to fixed the damage from the accident I had, my front bumper has a very little hole in it, and I just bent my rim, because I almost got hit again last night and went up a curb to avoid it. I think that I decided to get the body kit, especially now because of the scratch. I got quotes, and it will cost around1500-2000, to get the kit painted, and molded on the side skirts. It also includes a new hatch, and new paint job. Now I have to save for about 5-6 months to get all that, because I just moved. Oh well, I am still running 15.2-15.5 at least.

Not all kits are bad. This is one of only two kits I've ever seen for my accord that I would actually have.

accordbodykit.jpg

$600 shipped. Maybe if I get some insurance money. The kit is just for the skirts and lips, it's not full bumpers or anything. WW y0!

I have to admit theres some body kits out there on some cars that look pretty bad ass. However we have all seen some out there that are totaly beyond ridiculous, like my neighbor for instance haha. Go for what ur into and ur style. But like everyone else id say go geturself an alarm or/and brakes. Speaking of body kits i was rollin w/ my homeboy in his civic and right now its pretty icey over here and he slid and bumped into a curb and just cracked the hell out of it. Totaly not worth it.

Body kits are not that bad as long as you buy a quality one. Also if you buy a urethane kit (same thing your stock bumper is made of) it will be easily repairable. I work at an auto body shop and we have put a few on since I started there. The last one we put on though was rediculous, it was a blitz front bumper on a 2002 celica gt. There is no way he can lower his car or it will rip off or mess up his bumper. :lol: :lol: oh well that is a risk you have to take to be rice

1500-2000 for all that sounds pretty reasonable, but i thought the CHP was gonna pay for it. sorry to hear about your rim. hope its fixable. running 15's?! hmmm somehow i dont feel too sorry for you :D

Well, they did send me the money, and I did order the kit, but the stupid guy ordered Buddy Club II and mine is a Buddy Club III. So, I would have to wait at least a month to get the kit. So I said, "Fuck it, maybe a better one will come out later" and got a header, rims, and a system. I figure I can either buy the kit in pieces, until I get the whole then save up 1,000 to get a good paint job and installation, or fix all the stock stuff a piece at a time. Piecing it back together, with the stock stuff is cost effiecient, but I don't know. I really want to shave the car, door handles and mold in the side skirts. So much I want to do, and save for my S2000, not enough money. Brakes sound really good, I just need some sites, because I haven't found any brakes for our car yet, anybody know any?

Back