What to do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kawbomb

I have a '94 honda accord that is creaping up on 400K miles. I don't know how much longer the motor and tranny are going to last. What I would like to do is to convert it to a manual and put a bigger motor in it. Can anybody provide me with ideas? I am wanting to keep this as a family car...lol... but be able to have some fun in it yet.

I'd say forget the "bigger" motor idea. The V6 Accords from that generation actually had slightly longer noses to accomodate the larger engines. In order to drop any type of V6 into your car, you'd probably need to do some fabricating and customizing, and it's going to end up costing you some big money if you can't do the work yourself.

Your best bet would be an H22 motor and tranny from a Prelude. 200 hp and it's essentially a bolt in swap for the 90-97 Accord. You can even retain your stock tranny if you want, although the H22 tranny will offer better acceleration.

Sorry, I didn't mean a bigger motor for say, but a different one...is it possible to switch to a H22 tranny now with the stock motor, and then later down the road swap out the motor?

Yes, you can do that. Personally I would just wait until I could do both at the same time though.

Back