What To Spend My Money On?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 94 JDM GSR and im going to put it into my civic cx hatch very soon, my question is, im not sure if i want to buy cams first or pullys first. I want pullys because i want to be able to rev quicker because B18 trannys are geared longer(correct me if im wrong). But i also want cams because i thinks i would see a better HP gain with cams. What do you think?

P.S. i want Skunk2 or Toda cam gears and if i decide to go with pullys then im not sure what a good brand is yet(whats a good brand for pullys)

THANKS!

get the cams
fuck the pulleys... there is no such thing as good pulleys they do more harm than good

if you want to rev faster get a lightweight flywheel

wooo, dude u said alot of wrong things there. u have a GSR, its gearing is short, and u will accel faster. a b18a or b18b tranny on the other hand is a grandma's tranny, long gears, and only good for turbo applications. your tranny is good and short. also pulley's are lame, cams are where its at man, you cant beat the look you get when u pull up next to a v8 and ur car sounds like a v8:OO:

yea you're tranny is pretty short geared.. the b16 and itr ones are a little shorter.. you could get a 4.785 FD ratio.

Ok whats a brand that makes some good cams/cam gears? I think thats the route im going to go.

P.S. Also what would you recomend for a light weight flywheel and a good clutch? THANKS A LOT!

GSR tranny does suck, drive a b18a CRX with stock LS tranny, then u will know the meaning of the word suck. also for clutch and flywheel, im all about loving my act stuff, get a semi good one, and also, no use going nuts on a flywheel just get a 10lber and ull do fine.

All good points, but why the cam gears without the cams? Fuck the pulleys, they slow you down. (And your headlights strobe really nicely when your stereo is on) AEM just fixed their cam gears, no more slipping - I heard they are great NOW. yOU SHOULD SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR THE CAMS TO GO WITH THE CAM GEARS IF YOU WANT TO REV FASTER and HAVE MORE POWER. Sweet. Gotta love that caps lock. And I'm too lazy to fix it.

get some carbon fiber cams...they are really light...they weigh close to nothing :wall: :bash:...if you get cams...i'd say go for toda or just get some type r's

underdrive pulleys suck balls, i've had the AEM alt pulley kill 2 of my alternators in a matter of 4 months :( cams are the best way to go, dont skimp and get cheap shit. make sure you get the necessary springs and retainers as well. skunk2, toda, typeR, JUN, crower. depends on your goals and pocket book.

Theres a HUGE difference between cams and pulleys.... i don't even know why you would ask. But go with Skunk2 stage 2 cams. If you want ITR cams, i have a JDM set that im gonna use but make me an offer if you want them. And about the pulleys, i have the AEM pulley set and an UR crank pulley... haven't had any problems with them, my alternator did go out though but i think its just cause it was old as hell. It all seems fine now and they do seem to help a shit load on my car. Oh yeah... and get an ACT clutch and flywheel.

Just put a b18a into a crx now you are all trashing the tranny. Just wondering why?Because the gears are to far apart? New to all this its just a question. I think its a A1.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Apr 23 2003, 11:35 PM
Everyone bashes the tranny because the gears are really long and most find that only good for boost. :D

or top speed ;)

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Apr 23 2003, 03:22 PM
get some carbon fiber cams...they are really light...they weigh close to nothing

Who makes CF engine components? I've never seen em before.

Back