What To Swap (obviously)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

viper725

hey everyone,

im having trouble deciding what to put in. obviously because its a sedan its a bit heavier so i want a bit more torque and i was thinking of going a b18c5 because i can get a half cut for 4 grand with most of the stuff i need... it's just my options other than that are too broad and i cant narrow it down to just 1. if its not the b18c5, i was thinking a b20 series possibly... but i duno... any suggestions? :huh:

well, a B20, in and of itself, isn't going to be that fast... but a B20/vtec can make almost identical numbers to that of a stock H22, if built right... that way, you get H22 power, in a smaller, easier to install package

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Apr 30 2003, 11:20 AM
well, a B20, in and of itself, isn't going to be that fast... but a B20/vtec can make almost identical numbers to that of a stock H22, if built right... that way, you get H22 power, in a smaller, easier to install package

B20/VTEC can beat a stock H22's numbers with only a piston upgrade... it's pretty easy really.

A civic sedan weighs about as much as an EX coupe, so it's not that bad. With either an LS or B20 swap (stock) you can pull low 15's. Only reason to put a B16 in a sedan/coupe would be to turbo it and because it's cheap; about as much as an LS swap and to turbo it, but that motor is gutless when it comes to torque. Just look at the '99+ SI's....mid to high 15's. GSR is a little pricey at over $3000 complete. Overall, either an LS or a B20 would work...especially TURBOED. Happy hunting.

Back