What To Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djdutchjones

I have a 6th gen 4dr EX civic, 98 to be exact.
I want to swap or mabe just modify this engine. What should I do? The one that I have stock is in mint, is it worth it to just change the head or any thing els. If so tell me the best mods big or small. If you think I should just swap, what would be the most practicle and easy swap to do?
The car is curently atomatic, I know that for performence I should change to standerd. Could I do somthing good and still keep the transmission? ;)
I know that's shit but I'm not trying to race I just want so nice power, and I'm lazzy.
If anyone can help that would be awsome thanks!

Get rid of the tranny. No offense but learn how to drive a stick. It is not that hard. Plus it is funner(if that is a word). Then you could turbo it or N2o. N20 is probably your best bet for good hp for cheap.

Since it doesn't sound like the typical "I wanna smoke the shizzy outta every mofo on da block" post I would say keep your auto and swap in a 96+ auto LS.Good upgrade and easy.

:withstupid:
for a car thats just a little more potent for normal driving just go with an auto LS swap
if you have any intentions on going to manual just sell the car and get a manual to start with

Originally posted by djdutchjones@Apr 22 2003, 02:26 AM
What modle is the LS?

For your car you would want the swap to come from a 96-2000 Integra LS/RS/GS/SE all come with the B18B1.

how much money are you planning to spend?
there is no point to change the head cuz u have the top usdm d-series head.
if u just want some simple power, id just go with i/h/& e.....and call it a day

I've herd of someone puting a crv or pilot head on an si-r or type-r giving you the horespower of the type-r with the tork of the crv. Frankinstine or somthing Have you herd of this is it good?
Can I order a type -r in canada for not to expensive? does it have to come strate for Japan? is it bolt on? I want to get at least 170 horsepower.

Originally posted by djdutchjones@Apr 23 2003, 01:35 AM
I've herd of someone puting a crv or pilot head on an si-r or type-r giving you the horespower of the type-r with the tork of the crv. Frankinstine or somthing Have you herd of this is it good?
Can I order a type -r in canada for not to expensive? does it have to come strate for Japan? is it bolt on? I want to get at least 170 horsepower.

Backwards it is putting a vtec head (GSR,B16A,type R) on a CRV or LS block.Read through the articles,there is one about this very process,also the forums are littered with post about it.

herd
horespower
herd
puting
strate
Frankinstine

Work on this,unless you don't speak english then don't worry about it.

96 and up LS motor would work, especially if you want to keep the auto. im not sure but i think an OBD2 B16 would work also if you wanna convert to manual

Back