What tranny and gears to go with?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Flu_By_U

Me and a buddy of mine are building a crx with a lot of power being put down!! we would like to know what tranny and gear ratios should we get to have the car top out at 190-200 mph? Were thinking about building up a LS tranny to do this feat. To let u guys know this is going on a boosted appplication! Please help! Will provide more info if needed.

exactly what kind of racing are you planing to do that you will need to reach 190-200 mph????

and what engine are you using (D series, B series, F series, H series, C series???) we cant very well suggest a tranny without knowing that

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 20 2003, 03:18 AM
exactly what kind of racing are you planing to do that you will need to reach 190-200 mph????

and what engine are you using (D series, B series, F series, H series, C series???) we cant very well suggest a tranny without knowing that

The kind of racing we are doing is street or highway racing and some track! The block we are going with is a B20 w/ a T3/T4 turbo! Need any more info just ask!

are you gonna be boosting? If so, go with the LS. If your going all motor, stay away from that piece of shit. And i bet you $50 you're not even gonna go 150 with that CRX. I have friends with TT 300ZX's, Porsches, and all kinds of built shit who have never gone and never even plan on going over 150. They almost shit in their pants as soon as they hit 150. Thats just stupid. You're not building an F-1 car. I've never even gone over 135 with my integ.

:lol:
LMAO.... ummmm yeah

Stephan Papadakis i believe has a best top speed so far of 195 mph
and thats in a full tube framed RWD pro car with 1500 HP
his FWD car is a little over 180 mph

so lets just say you will NOT be doing 190-200 in a 1/4 mile

Progress/Vortech have the worlds fastest Civic (its also the first Honda to exceed 200 mph) it did 204.287 mph in the last mile of the 5 mile straight track at The Bonneville Salt Flats

so unless you have a 5+ mile straight that is completly flat and smooth you wont be doing 190-200 mph on the highway or on any racetrack

lets not even bring up the aerodynamics involved with traveling at those speeds

fdbed919.jpg

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jul 20 2003, 03:31 AM
are you gonna be boosting? If so, go with the LS. If your going all motor, stay away from that piece of shit. And i bet you $50 you're not even gonna go 150 with that CRX. I have friends with TT 300ZX's, Porsches, and all kinds of built shit who have never gone and never even plan on going over 150. They almost shit in their pants as soon as they hit 150. Thats just stupid. You're not building an F-1 car. I've never even gone over 135 with my integ.

Hmm. Ok. 150 wasn't really that hard in my Civic, and I could have gone faster if I built the head to take sustained speeds over 8000rpm... but I didn't feel like it. The car was perfectly stable.

:p

150 you can, not sure why you would want to hit 190+ on the street/highway anyways.

Milan

For all u high and mighty post whores on the board, just b/c I haven't been on the site long doesn't mean I'm a noob! I been in the engine building game and the car scene longer than 90% of the people on this forum!! I asked a question that I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on, not smartass comments! I'm good with engines not trannys! The setup i came up with is at least going to have 550+ horsepower, so please give ideas on what me and my friend can use! If it can't be done so be it! But tell me what tranny we should go with and what upgrades needed! Thank U

dude chill man, Its all fun and games just take a breather and then take a nap. Everyone likes to bust everyones balls a little but just because they tell ya some info dose not mean u gota be a d*ck, just shrug it off and ask again. If you act like this in real life i believe no one would wana race ur ass unless its some rice out geo. Because i know i would never race a hothead on the street or even Track for that matter!

Its cool now. Can anyone help out please? Just give any ideas! :D

Back