What Whp Should I Expect From This?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beau_safken

Howdy guys,
It's finally getting there. I have my engine and I am only waiting on the damn clutch...Always something right. Anyway, I am interested at a guesstimate from you guys about the numbers I could get out of this setup. I would like a torque estimate a lot more that horsepower but hell i'll take what I can get. Tell me what you think about this setup also if ya wish.
1995 Honda Civic DX
B18B1 with LS tranny (5 speed of course )
ACT Heavy duty pressure plate, Street Organic clutch kit
8 pound flywheel
AEM short ram Intake
Arospeed 4-2-1 Ceramic Header...Polished the inside with my trusty Dremel...
5Zigen Fireball Cat-back
No A/C or Power steering yet...

What ya think??

:werd: you dont gain hp on an engine by doing a swap and letting a little more air escape. You dont get stronger when you fart do you? :ph34r:

Originally posted by T0mMuNi$m@Feb 21 2003, 04:49 AM
:werd: you dont gain hp on an engine by doing a swap and letting a little more air escape. You dont get stronger when you fart do you? :ph34r:

Freeing up the engine's breathing,frees up power that the engine is already making,just being suppressed

B18B1 with LS tranny (5 speed of course ) ----- 142 hp
ACT Heavy duty pressure plate, Street Organic clutch kit ----- no gain
8 pound flywheel ----- no gain (more to wheels though)
AEM short ram Intake ----- 2-5 hp loss (short ram intakes not only suck in hot air they suck in more hot air)
Arospeed 4-2-1 Ceramic Header...Polished the inside with my trusty Dremel... ----- maybe +2 hp
5Zigen Fireball Cat-back ----- maybe +2-5 hp
No A/C or Power steering yet... ----- dont bother getting them they will only take away more hp

so you have about 144 hp
minus 13% (giving credit for lighened flywheel)
that puts you at about 125whp
versus a stock 122whp

Sounds good to me. It sure beats my 80 some horsepower that my D15B7 is throwing out...LOL. We'll have to see what I can do with this engine when my bank account recovers from the shock of putting this swap in. I'm gonna probably get it dyno'ed after the swap goes in to get what my baseline will be.

Back