What will fit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killingspree27

Ok so i plan on doing a tranny swap on my 91 integra for a gsr but not sure what year of it will fit(please be easy on me if its a dumb question, im still in the noob phase) But im going to the junkyard today and im going to get one quoted for me but dont know what year would be the best to get.

best fit would be a 2nd gen GSR tranny
but those can be kinda rare
a cable B16 tranny is another option but has closer gears so might not be what you want for daily driving
you can run a 3rd gen tranny but you will need a cable:hydro adapter

$1100 for just the tranny? He's fucking high. I wouldn't pay more than $500-$700 for a GSR tranny and that's max. Call Hmotorsonline and see if they have a tranny lying around that they can sell you.

94+ gsr transmissions are all going to be hydraulic. you need a cable transmission to be bolt in. b16a jdm cable trans, 92-93 gsr trans, those would be ideal. a cable LS (90-93 teg) trans will work in a pinch, but the gear ratio kinda sucks.

and yes, 1100 for a old used gsr transmission is crazy.

Im glad it wasnt just me that it seemed as if the price was way to high. What will give me the best performance? Ive heard nothing but good things about the gsr tranny.

Ok so im not 100% sure on how to tell if its a gsr tranny or not. One place i went to already has that figured out but another they just make you go look at it.

Back