What would be best?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

auggiereg

What would be the best thing to do to prepare my engine for boost? I have a D16Z6 with adjustable timing gear, short ram intake, lightened crank pulley, and will probabley add DC Sports header. What else should I add or remove to maximize my boost? Don't know what kind of turbo set up I will have but nothing too expensive.

don't waste any more money on parts. just save up and get the kit.
Karnash just got the Greddy 15g kit installed on his D16 and it runs pretty good. it's got some nice kick considering he wasn't really revving it all that high.
I think that kit is the cheapest one you're going to be able to find and if i'm not mistaken it's street legal. do some research on the different kits. you may even want to look at putting a kit together yourself, custom setup.

As far as kits go, I am undecided. What interests me more is whether or not I should do any internal work on the motor, ie., high compression pistons, port and polished heads and intake manifold, lifer kits, springs, and other things like that.

As far as kits go, I am undecided. What interests me more is whether or not I should do any internal work on the motor, ie., high compression pistons, port and polished heads and intake manifold, lifer kits, springs, and other things like that.

Back