what would be better to boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
i have a crx with a b18a and a 91si hb that i am going to install a good running d16a6 into. i would like to know what would be better to run turbo on? i was going to sell the crx to have money for the turbo build but i could sell the hb. i want to run what ever is safe on both stock internals. what kinda hp increase will i get from a t3 budget turbo set up on each motor. sorry for such a dumb question, but i would like to know a good starting point. thanks

im going to drive it everyday wether i drive it for 10 miles aday or a hundred. i atleast need to go to work. also weekend auto cross :wall:

can you maybe narrow it down a little bit? what else is going on the motor? an EMS? any fuel management?

well i really dont know yet. i am reading as much as i can to learn about fuel management but i still dont know what all it means. i know i will use dsm 450 injectors. if i need any other stuff i will get it. but i do want it to be reliable. maybe i did not mean budget, but home made turbo with custom piping and a newer turbo and new front mount. im still not sure everything i need.

I would got with the d16 to turbo. Its lighter than the b18a which will make it easy to balance your car for auto-x. If you are sticking to low boost and stock parts, you can find d16 parts easily and they are cheaper new.

well as far as weight goes the hatch is heavier. i already have the b18 in my crx the d16 is in the hatch.

Back